Please, read carefully before registering
1. Payment policies
- School commitment is from September to June. Please plan accordingly. Tuition is based on class skill level and teaching hours in the studio. Missed classes due to statutory or personal holidays will not lower tuition.
- Tuition fees, Exam fees and Costume deposits must be received at the time of registration in order for your registration to be considered complete. For term payments post-dated cheques must accompany your registration form.
- KBA will accept TWO forms of payment, Cheque or E-transfer (Online). All electronic transfers must be sent to email@example.com
- Any NSF cheques/late payments are subject to a $75 service charge.
- Two week notice is required if the student wishes to withdraw from the program. The administration must be advised at least two weeks prior to the deposit of next installment payment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . There will be NO reimbursement for classes not taken. There will be No reimbursement of partial term of classes.
- There are NO refunds on tuition fees. Should you sustain an injury that prevents you from completing your season, we will (with a doctor’s note) transfer any unused fees to the following season. No exceptions.
- There are NO refunds on exam fees and costume deposits paid at registration.
- There are no refunds on choreography fees.
2. Tuition payment options
- Micro Mini Ballet: Two payments per year (September 1st and February 1st) along with registration fee.
- Mini Ballet: Two payments per year (September 1st and February 1st) along with registration fee and costume deposit for June performance.
- Pre Ballet 1-3: Three payments per year (September 1st, December 1st and March 1st) along with Registration fee, December and May ballet exams fees and costume deposit.
- Ballet 1-3: Three payments per year (September 1st, December 1st and March 1st) along with registration fee, December and May ballet exams fees and costume deposit.
- Students are evaluated twice per year. Ballet examination fees for both exams are due at the time of registration. Nonrefundable.
- This clause does not apply to Micro Mini and Mini levels.
SEMI-ANNUAL BALLET EXAM: December
ANNUAL BALLET EXAM: June
4. School Performances
- There are two mandatory performances in December and June. Extra rehearsals are necessary and students are required to attend all rehearsals (only with permission from the teacher will they be excused). Casting may be subject to the student’s previous attendance and ability to meet rehearsal schedules. Students missing more than two rehearsals are not allowed to take part in the performance.
- Costume fees are $200-$400 per costume per performance. Costume deposits are paid at the time of registration. Balance payable upon your invoice. To help keep costs down we try to re-use costumes (not guaranteed) when possible. If costumes are re-used we will credit your account accordingly. If costumes are re- used (rented) they must be returned clean, if not a $50 dry cleaning fee will be charged. This clause does not apply to Micro Mini level.
- Choreography fees are $450-$850 per dance or role. Costs of choreography are determined by difficulty and time needed for the role or part in the performance. Payable upon your invoice. Choreography Fees are non – refundable. In case of injury, Karpov Ballet Academy must be informed and medical documentation from a Canadian certified medical doctor must be provided. We will (with a doctor’s note) transfer any unused fees to the following season. No exceptions.
- HST will be added to all costume, exams and choreography fees.
- It is the Ballet Directors decision to choreograph productions and cast dancers. Please value and respect their decision.
- Participation in competitions may be offered to students. It is not mandatory. Please be aware that completion fees are extra. These fees include entry fees, costumes, team wear, traveling, make up and accessories and choreography fees. If competitions are not able to run because of unforeseen circumstances please be aware that there are no refunds.
6. Dress Code
- All students must follow the dress code. There is no exception to our school dress code. KBA has a specific leotard, skirt and shoes. No substitutes are permitted. If the dress code is repeatedly violated your child will not be able to participate. If you are not sure, please ask.
- Micro Mini ballet: Pink ballet leotard, pink ballet tights and canvas split sole ballet shoes.
- Mini ballet: School ballet black leotard, pink convertible ballet tights and canvas split sole ballet shoes.
- Pre Ballet 1, 2, 3: School ballet black leotard, pink convertible ballet tights and canvas split sole ballet shoes. Black chiffon ballet wrap skirt for Ballet Exams and performance rehearsals.
- Ballet 1, 2, 3: School ballet black leotard, pink convertible ballet tights, black chiffon ballet wrap skirt, canvas split sole ballet shoes and pointe shoes.
- Ballet class attire for boys: Fitted white/black t-shirt, black opaque tights and black canvas ballet shoes.
- Character class attire for girls: Chiffon black ballet skirt, leather pedini dance shoes caramel color.
- Character class attire for boys: Jazz leather shoes black color (shoes with the low heel).
- Jazz and contemporary class attire for girls & boys: foot undies.
- To be purchased at Second Skin Fashions 8100 Yonge Street, Thornhill, ON. Tel: 905.731.2629
- Hair for girls must be in a proper ballet bun. Hair must be neatly and firmly secured off the face and neck. Gel, hairpins, elastics and invisible hair nets (no scrunches or other hair accessories) are the student’s responsibility. Please ask if you are not sure how to secure a proper ballet bun.
7. Acro and Flexibility:
- In addition to our ballet program Karpov Ballet Academy offers Arco and flexibility. This discipline incorporates acrobatic, gymnastic movements into dance routines. It focuses on concentration, balance, flexibility and control. This style teaches students the importance of being spatially aware, persistent, and confident. This class is not part of Karpov Ballet Academy’s tuition. This is considered extra training.
- Photos and Videos are strictly prohibited in the academy. Artistic Directors or staff may take your child’s photo from time to time for advertising purposes. These photographs may be used in our promotional material, social media or our website and are for our use only.
- Attendance is mandatory. It is necessary for success. The academy has the right to dismiss or suspend any student whose attendance is not satisfactory. If your child is ill and will not be in class please notify the school by email at email@example.com . We understand that sometimes circumstances and obligations arise that cause a ballet class to be missed. Unfortunately, we cannot issue refunds for missed classes.
- All students must arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled class in order to warm up and insure that they are ready to begin class on time. It is disruptive to the entire class when a student comes in late. Students who are continuously late will not be able to participate in the class and will observe only.
- No food, gum or drinks are permitted inside the ballet studios and in dressing rooms. Only water is allowed in the studios. We are a nut free environment.
- Dance shoes must never be worn outside of the studio. Outdoor shoes are to be neatly placed on the shoe racks provided. Absolutely no outdoor shoes are allowed in the studios or beyond the front desk. We ask that outdoor shoes be removed because dirt, rocks, salt, wet shoes or slush can be brought in and ruin the floor and the dancer’s ballet and or pointe shoes.
- Students should be picked up within 10 minutes from the end of class time. After the 10 min, a $50 babysitting will be charged to your child’s account. Children who are not in class may not be left unsupervised at the studio.
9. Extreme Weather
- In the event of extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, Karpov Ballet Academy reserves the right to cancel classes. We will post studio closure due to weather conditions on Instagram and Facebook by 2:00 pm on the day of the storm. An email will also be sent. No refunds will be given for cancelled classes.
- School information and announcements will be distributed by email from firstname.lastname@example.org . Please make sure karpovballetacademy.ca is on your safe list. Check your email regularly in order to stay informed.
- Karpov Ballet Academy will not be responsible for students or parents not being properly informed. Please stay.